Robert Moody, 52, is an experienced police officer 帮我翻译一下全文,别在网上的在线翻译

Robert Moody, 52, is an experienced police officer. Much of his work involves dealing with  drug  an gang (团伙)problems in the schools of his community. Knowing that many kids often  ran into  trouble, he decided to do something about it. So in 1991 he began to invite small groups of kids to go fishing with him on his day off    .
Those fun trips had a(n)  lasting impact. A chance encounter in 2000 proved that. One day,  while working security at a school basketball game, Moody noticed two young guys quarreling   .He sensed trouble between them.  suddenly one of them headed toward Moody and gave him a hug.”I remember  you. You took me fishing  when I was  in fifth grade. That was one of the best days of my life .”
Deeply touched by the boy’s word, Moody decided to create a foundation(基金会)that  introduces teenagers to the basics of fishing in camping programs. “As a policeman, I saw where there was violence, drugs were always behind it. They have a damaging impact on the kids,” says Moody.
By turning kids on to fishing, he intended to present an alternative way of life, “When you’re sitting there waiting for a  bite ,”he says, “you can’t help but talk to each other, and such conversations can be pretty deep.”
“Talking about drugs helped prepare me for the peer(同龄人)pressures in high school,” says Michelle, 17 who participated the first program. “And I was able to help my little brother avoid drugs.”
Moody faces retirement in three years, when he hopes to run the foundation full-time.”I’m living a happy life and I have a responsibility to my communitl to give back,” Moody says.”If I teach a kid to fish today, he can teach his brother to fish tomorrow

最佳答案
本回答由提问者推荐

Mnizdn 12级
2011-07-18 回答

Robert moody ,52岁,是一个经验丰富的警官。在他的社区里,他的很多工作都涉及到处理校园毒品团伙问题。了解到很多孩子经常陷入困境,他决定为此做点什么。所以从1991年,在他的休息天里,他开始邀请一小帮孩子去钓鱼。

这些有趣的旅行产生了持久的影响。2000年的一个偶然的机会证明了这点。一天,当他在学校篮球赛做安全工作的时候,moody发现两个男孩子在吵架。他意识到他们之间存在问题。突然,他们之中的一个走向moody然后给了他一个拥抱。“我记得你,你带我去钓过鱼在我五年级的时候。那是我人生中最美好的一天。”被男孩的话深深触动,moody决定创立一个基金会,在野营过程中知道青少年一些基本的钓鱼技巧。“作为一个警察,我看到的是有暴力的地方,其后就会有毒品。她们对孩子有毁灭性的影响。”moody如是说。通过让孩子们去钓鱼,他期待一种更灵活的生活方式。“当你坐在那,等待着鱼儿,”他说,“你只能和别人交谈,而且这种谈话可以很深远。”

“谈论毒品可以帮助做好准备面对学校同龄人的压力,“Michelle说,”17岁,第一个参加这个活动的人。“以及我能够帮助我的弟弟避免毒品。”moody面临着退休在未来的三年中,当他想要全职性地经营这个基金会。“我过着幸福的生活,而且我有义务回报我的社区,”moody说。“如果我今天教会一个孩子钓鱼,明天他就能教会他的弟弟钓鱼。”