1. Young people are not _____ to stand and look at works of art: they want art they can participate in.
A. content B. generous C. confident D. conservative
2. In his speech, he used quite a lot of slides （幻灯片）to _____ his theory.
A. illustrate B. recommend C. imitate D. impact
3. He was _____ of selling state secrets and arrested last month.
A. doubted B. suspected C. respected D. inspected
4. We will _____ the orchard and paint the barn.
A. clean B. water C. dig D. spray
5. . She _____ the entrance examination and was accepted by the college.
A. get through B. get along with C. get on D. get by
6. In order to make an immediate _____, he will lose a lifelong customer.
A. money B. profit C. fortune D. sum
7. . He insured his car _____ accident, theft and fire.
A. on B. against C. of D. from
8. We will not _____ our standard of living.
A. reduce B. decrease C. cut D. lower
9. A strong wind can _____ electricity just as water power.
A. generate B. budget C. device D. supplement
10. _____, it’s probably not advisable to change the company’s name.
A. At that point B. Aside from C. On balance D. Pick up
11. A _____ to this problem is expected to be found before long.
A. result B. response C. settlement D. solution
12. He made a _____ prediction that business would improve the next year.
A. confidential B. confident C. confide D. confidant
13. He was sent to Washington on a diplomatic _____.
A. employment B. excursion C. mission D. duty
14. The prime Minister is determined to _____ a good relationship with the country.
A. forgive B. forge C. arrange D. motivate
15. We have no _____ evidence for it.
A. historical B. historic C. history D. historian
16. Some teachers have to find ways of making some money _____.
A. by the side B. on the side. C. side by side D. on their side
17. The enemies were _____ our city.
A. closing down B. closing in on C. closing up D drawing to a close
18. I wouldn’t say I am a non-believer, but I don’t have any burning religious_____.
A. conviction B. suspicion C. credits D. creation
19. We have to _____ of this old papers and magazines.
A. dismiss B. abolish C. eliminate D. dispose
20. Some diseases are _____ by certain water animals.
A. transplanted B. transformed C. transported D. transmitted
5、 gets through（通过）
6、 immediate profit（目前利润）
7、 insure against（给……投保）
8、 lower our standard of living（降低生活标准）
9、 generate( 产生，生产)
10、 at that point（在那个阶段）
13、 on a diplomatic mission（负有外交使命）
16、 on the side（兼职）
17、 close up（围攻）
19、 dispose of..（处理，解决)
20、 transported （被传播）