英文翻譯...急>"<

請別用網上的全文翻譯,,因為會翻到不知在說啥的...請好心人士幫忙>"<
"Before this business, Silver Blaze was the favourite horse for the Wessex Cup, an important race which will be held next week. Large amounts of money have been bet on him, so his disappearance will be of advantage to some people. Colonel Rose has been anxious to guard him will.
"The murdered horse trainer, Straker, had worked with the Colonel for many years. He was in charge of three stable boys, and he and his wife lived near the stables. Straker had always shown himself to be an honest man.
"There is a small town just two miles away, and there are some racing stables, at Capleton, quite close by. In every other direction there is only field and forest.
"On Monday night one of the stable boys, Ned, was on duty. When Straker's cook took some curry out to him for his evening meal, Ned was talking to a stranger. The stranger offered Ned some money for information about the horses. Ned was angry at this and rushed to get the dog. The cook is sure that she then saw the stranger trying to open the stable door."
"Wasn't the stable door locked when the boy went to get the dog?" I asked.
"Excellent, Watson, excellent. I also wondered about that. I received a telegram from Pyland yesterday. It said that the stable boy did lock the door.
"Later that night," continued Holmes, "Straker got up and dressed - to see if all was well in the stables, he told his wife. In the morning he was still absent, so Mrs Straker went to the stables. There she found Ned, lying on the ground, in a deep sleep. Both Straker and Silver Blaze were gone. Although the other two stable boys slept above the stables, they had heard nothing in the night.
"They went out to search for horse and trainer. About a quarter of a mile from the stables they found the dead body of the unlucky Straker. His head had been beaten in by some heavy weapon, and there was a wound in his leg from something sharp. Clearly Straker had fought back, for there was a small knife, covered in blood, in his right hand. In his left hand was a handkerchief. Both the cook and Ned are sure the handkerchief belonged to the stranger. Ned also believes that the stranger secretly put some opium into his curry to make him sleep. These, Watson, are the main facts." "What have the police done so far?"I asked.
"Gregory, the police officer in charge of the case, is a man of great ability. But he doesn't have much imagination. As soon as he arrived at Pyland, he found the man who was naturally suspected, the stranger, and arrested him. His name is Simpson and he comes from a good family, but wastes all his money on betting. It seems that he has bet five thousand pounds that Silver Blaze will lose in the Wessex Cup.
"Simpson says he went there just to get information about the horses. He agrees that he was at the Pyland stables that night, but cannot say why Straker had his handkerchief. His wet clothes proved he had been out that night. Also, he has a heavy walking stick, which is possibly the weapon that killed Straker. But he has no knife wound."
"Is it possible'", I asked, "that Straker's wound was caused by his own knife during the fight?"
"Good, Watson. Yes, it is possible. But, if so, that goes against Simpson, I suppose that the police think Simpson used the opium to make the stable boy fall asleep. Then, with a second key he opened the stable door and led the horse away. They think that Straker saw him doing this and there was a fight. Simpson killed Straker, and then hid the horse somewhere - or else it ran away." It was evening when we arrived at the small town near Pyland. At the station we were net by Gregory, the police detective, and Colonel Ross, the owner of silver Blaze. They took us to Pyland, and during the journey, Holmes discussed the case with Gregory. The policeman's ideas were exactly as Holmes had supposed.
"Your explanation leaves too many unanswered questions, Gregory," argued Holmes. "Why did Simpson take the horse from the stables? What did he plan to do with it? Have you found the second key? Where did he get the opium? Where could he, a stranger, hide the horse?"
"The difficulties are not so great,' replied Gregory. "He probably threw the key away. Opium can easily be bought in London. He has been to Pyland several times before. The horse may be hidden in the forest, or left with a band of gypsies - we know there were gypsies camping near the stables on Monday, and we are searching for them now."
"Is there another horse-training stable near here?" asked Holmes.
"Yes," said Gregory. "That is something we should not forget. At Capleton they have a horse which is the second favourite in the Wessex Cup. So the disappearance of Silver Blaze is to their advantage. Silas Brown, the Capleton trainer, has large bets on tis horse. However, the Capleton trainer, has large bets on his horse. However, we have searched the stables there and found nothing to connect him with this business. And Simpson is not connected with Capleton either."
Here their conversation ended, and soon we reached Pyland. Holmes remained silent for some minutes, looking thoughtfully into the sky. I touched his arm.
"Excuse me," he said, turning to Colonel Ross, who was looking at him wiht some surprise. "I was thinking." A smile on his face suggested to me that he had found a clue.
"Do you want to go immediately to the scene of the crime, Mr Holmes?" asked Gregory.
"I prefer to stay here a while and go into one or two questions in detail."

最佳答案
本回答由提问者推荐

夜凉 11级
2009-08-27 回答

在这件事发生之前,银火焰是最被看好能赢得韦塞克斯杯的马匹。韦塞克斯杯是下星期将会举行的重要赛事。大量的金额被投注在它身上,所以它的失踪对某些人来说是有利的。罗斯上校一直都很小心地好好守卫着他。

“那个被谋杀的练马师斯特拉克,已经替上校工作好多年了。他负责管理三个马童,而他和他的妻子就住在马厩的附近。斯特拉克一直以来都是个老实的人。”

“在距离这里两英里的地方有个小市镇,而在卡普莱顿那里有几个赛马的马厩,和这里颇接近。在其他的所有方向都只得原野和森林。

”在星期一晚,是其中一个马童奈德当值。当斯特拉克的厨子拿咖哩出去给他作晚餐的时候,奈德正和一个陌生人说话。那个陌生人提议给奈德钱来换取那些马匹的资料。奈德对此非常生气,并冲去放狗儿出来。厨子肯定她之后看到那个陌生人尝试打开马厩的门。

“当那马童去放狗儿的时候马厩的门不是锁着的吗?”我问。

“不错,华生,非常不错。我也怀疑这一点。我昨天从Pyland(这个翻不出来,音译的话,大概是派兰?)收到一封电报。电报上面说马童是把门锁上了的。

”那天晚上晚一点的时候,”福尔摩斯继续说,“斯特拉克起来穿好衣服,告诉他妻子他要去看看马厩里面是否一切安好。到了早上他还是比见人影,所以斯特拉克夫人就到马厩去了。在那里她看到奈德躺在地上熟睡着。斯特拉克和银火焰都不见了。虽然另外两个马童就睡在马厩上面,那个晚上他们却什么都没听到。

”他们出去找寻马儿和练马师。在离马厩大概四分一英里的地方他们找到了不幸的斯特拉克的尸体。他的头被某种沉重的武器打破了,而在他的脚上有个被利器所伤的伤口。明显地斯特拉克反抗过,因为在他的右手拿着一把染满了血的小刀。他的左手握着一条手巾。厨子和奈德都肯定那条手巾是属于那个陌生人的。奈德还相信那个陌生人偷偷的把鸦片放进他的咖哩里面让他熟睡。这些,华生,就是主要的事实。”

“到现在为止警察做了些什么?”我问。 “格雷戈里,负责这案件的警察,是个很有能力的人。但是他没有太多的想象了。他到达Pyland之后立刻就找到了那个谁都会怀疑的陌生人,并且逮捕他了。他的名字是辛普森,来自一个好家庭,但是把他的钱全都浪费在赌博上面了。看来他花了5000英镑赌银火焰会在韦塞克斯杯输掉。

”辛普森说他去那里只是为了拿些马匹的资料。他承认那一晚他是在Pyland的马厩,但是无法说出为什么斯特拉克会有他的手巾。他的湿衣服证明了他那一晚曾经出去。而且,他有一支沉重的手杖,而那可能是杀死斯特拉克的凶器。可是他身上并没有刀伤。 “有没有这个可能,”我问,“斯特拉克身上的伤是他自己的刀在打斗中造成的?” “很好,华生。没错,那是可能的。但是要是如此,那就对辛普森不利了。我推断警察认为辛普森用鸦片来让马童熟睡。然后,利用第二条钥匙来打开马厩并把马儿带走。他们认为斯特拉克看到他这样做所以跟他打斗起来。辛普森杀了斯特拉克,然后把马儿藏在某处 - 或者它自己逃跑了。”

我们到达Pyland 附近的那个小镇时已经是晚上了。那个警探格雷戈里和银火焰的主人罗斯上校在火车站接我们。他们带我们到Pyland去的途中,福尔摩斯跟格雷戈里讨论案情。那警察的意见和福尔摩斯所推断的完全一样。

“你的解释留下了太多没法解答的问题了,格雷戈里,”福尔摩斯争辩说。“为什么辛普森要把马儿从马厩带走?他打算怎样处置它?”你找到了第二条钥匙了没有?他从哪里拿到鸦片?他这样的一个陌生人又能把马儿藏到什么地方去?”

“这些都不是什么太困难的事。”格雷戈里答道。“他可能把钥匙丢掉了。鸦片在伦敦很容易就买得到。他可能已经来过Pyland好几次。马儿可以藏在森林,或者留给一群吉普赛人 - 我们知道星期一晚上马厩附近有一些吉普赛人的营帐,而我们正在搜那些营帐。”

“这附近还有其他练马的马厩吗?”福尔摩斯问。 “有的。”格雷戈里说。“这是一件我们不能忘记的事。在卡普莱顿那里他们有一只能赢得韦塞克斯杯的次热门马匹。所以银火焰的失踪对他们来说是有利的。卡普莱顿的练马师西拉斯.布朗在这马儿身上下了很大的赌注。但是我们搜寻了这里的马厩,并没有发现任何能将他和这事件联系起来的线索。而且辛普森也和卡莱普顿没有任何关系。”

他们的对话就在这里终止,不久之后我们就到了Pyland。福尔摩斯看着天空,保持沉默了几分钟。我碰碰他的手臂。

“抱歉。”他说,转向正有点惊讶地看着他的罗斯上校。“我在想事情。”他脸上的笑容暗示我他找到线索了。

“你想立即就到案发现场去吗?福尔摩斯先生。”格雷戈里问。

“我宁愿在这里留一会儿,并详细的问几个问题。”

(呼,翻完了。。。)