一篇英语阅读

When my father was getting ready for work, our house was ruled(支配)by knocks and words.

He used to come downstairs to breakfast.

The morning paper lay beside his plate. He always read the “Deaths” first, and then he knocked once on the table. One of my sisters brought his bread, already buttered(涂黄油) for him. Usually he said nothing, but once I heard him say, “I love you very much, Edith. I would love more if you buttered my bread on both sides. ” He read the paper all through breakfast.

Two knocks on the table meant “I am ready for my tea. ” If a single knock followed that meant, “More bread, please. ”

After breakfast he said, “Boots. ”The paper was spread(展开) for him over the back of an arm-chair. Yesterday's paper was put on the chair for his feet, and his boots were brought to him, freshly cleaned. He read standing at the same time putting on his boots. With one boot finished he said, “Bus. ” At that point one of the girls went outside to the garden gate and waited there. Her job was to stop bus when it came. It came early sometimes and it had to wait for my father. “Overcoat, hat. One of my sisters had already brushed his overcoat. Now she held it open for him. Another girl came with his hat, nicely brushed. “Handkerchief(手帕), pipe(烟斗). ”They were brought and put, with his tobacco(烟草), into his pocket. He looked out of the window and said either “Walking stick” or “Umbrella”. It was handed to him. Ready now, he was still reading the paper. He didn't put it down until he heard the shout “Bus coming! ” Then he kissed my mother and went out. The girls breathed(呼吸)freely.

How lucky a man is to have a wife and five daughters at home!

1. When the father made the first knock, he meant ______. [ ]

A. he had begun to read the morning newspaper

B. he was made to feel sad by the “Deaths” news

C. he would start to read the other parts of the paper

D. his breakfast should begin

2. What does “Edith” mean? [ ]

A. A kind of bread.

B. One of the writer's sisters.

C. The writer.

D. The writer's mother.

3. All the daughters were quite busy in the morning because ______. [ ]

A. their father never helped them

B. their father always gave different instructions at the same time

C. each of them had to start and finish her job just on time

D. they were not clever or quick enough to do their jobs

4. What was the father's favourite? [ ]

A. Reading newspaper.

B. Having bread buttered on both sides.

C. Giving instructions.

D. Being clean and tidy.

5. From the story we may see that ______. [ ]

A. the father was so lazy that he hardly did anything

B. the father was the “centre” of the family

C. Every girl in the family was afraid to do wrong because they didn't know clearly enough what to do

D. The father was hated by all his daughters

帮帮忙啦!!!!

快点,好吗?我很急,谢谢

最佳答案
本回答由提问者推荐

Natural Gas 19级
2009-08-05 回答

1.D.从 "then he knocked once on the table. One of my sisters brought his bread, already buttered(涂黄油) for him"推出。

2.B.从“One of my sisters brought his bread, already buttered for him. Usually he said nothing, but once I heard him say, “I love you very much, Edith. "推出。

3.B.从文中可知,在爸爸上班前,所有女儿都为他做好准备工作,十分忙。

4.B.从"I would love more if you buttered my bread on both sides. ” 可知。

5.B.由文章第一句话和文中家人为爸爸做准备工作的繁忙可以知道。

最新回答 (1条回答)

Kuss0 4级
2009-08-05 回答
当我父亲正准备去上班,我们的房子被裁定(支配)和单词。

以前他下楼去吃早餐。

晨报躺在他的盘子。他总是先阅读“死亡”,然后他敲了一下桌子。我的姐妹们带着他的面包、黄油(涂黄油已经对他来说。通常,他什么也没说,但是一旦我听到他说:“我爱你,伊迪丝。我将爱你更多,如果黄油面包。”他两边都看报纸的早餐。

两个敲桌子上的意思是“我准备我的茶。“如果一个敲门,“多,面包,请吧。”

早饭后,他说:“靴子。”是对他的传播(展开)在一张扶手椅。昨天的报纸是不是放在椅子上,他的脚和他的靴子被带到他刚洗干净。他读站在同一时间把他的靴子。用一个引导完了,他说:“汽车。”这时有一个女孩走到外面的门,等待有花园。她的工作是为了阻止公共汽车就来了。有时,它就不得不等待我父亲。”大衣的帽子。我的姐妹们已经刷他的大衣。现在她向他敞开。另一个女孩和他的帽子,有的手帕擦擦。”帕()、管(烟斗)。”是与摆放,与他的香烟的烟草),放进口袋里。他看着窗外,说“晦气”或“保护伞”。它被传递给他。准备好了,但他还是看报纸。他没有把它放下,直到他听见呼喊“公共汽车来了!”然后他吻了我的妈妈,那人就拿出去了。这个女孩(呼吸松了。)

一个人是多么幸运,有妻子和五个女儿在家里!

1。当父亲第一次敲门,他指的是恶棍。)

答:他已经开始读报纸上的早晨

它是一种感觉,悲伤的“死亡”的消息

他将开始读另部件

他的早餐开始。d

2。“伊[]”的意思是甚麽?

答:一种面包。

一个作家四须鲃姐妹。

该作家。

该作家的母亲。

3。所有的女儿们都很繁忙的早上,因为_____。[]